Buying your first home is one of the biggest decisions you will ever make. There are a lot of considerations to make and the process can prove a stressful one. However, it doesn’t have to be complicated.
As an Arizona real estate agent, I have helped many first-time home buyers achieve their home ownership dreams. Below are three tips to help you get started.
- Talk to a lender. The first step is determining whether you are qualified to buy a home. You don’t want to waste time looking for homes if you are unable to obtain a mortgage. However, be prepared for questions. A lender will require a lot of information, such as:
- Employment history.
- Monthly income.
- Debts owed.
- Credit scores.
- Last 2 years of tax returns.
- Work with an Arizona real estate agent. There are many things in life to do alone. However, buying a home should not be one of them. You want to avoid any and all costly pitfalls and ensure you find the right home within your means. As a licensed West USA real estate agent, I will:
- Make sure you are working with the right lender.
- Allow you access to homes online.
- Help you determine the right home in the right price range.
- Give you physical access to any home you want to see.
- Negotiate aggressively on your behalf.
- Make sure all contracts and paperwork are completed properly.
- Answer any questions you might have during the entire process.
- Help you close on your first home.
- Have realistic expectations. Once you determine the area in which you want to live and the price range you can afford, you should have realistic expectations regarding your home options. No home will have absolutely everything you want. I will help you understand what you should expect in a home and the important things you should look for.
Obviously, there is a lot more that goes into buying a home. As your agent, I will help you navigate through the entire process of buying your first home. I want to help you realize your AZ real estate dreams.